#555: Urban rain capturing systems: Munsell comments

From: John Munsell <JMunsell@maf.org>

Almost all of the people I know in my circle of friends (not too big a
circle I guess) including myself all collect the rain water off of the roof
and drain into the cystern.  As far as I know, a lot of people do this.
Then when there is current we pump it onto the roof for the gravity fed
water system.  I usually buy about 3 to 4 trucks of water (3000 gal) a year
during the dry season.  The rest is all rain water. I'm sure we use a lot
of water compared to most Haitians.  CAMEP (the public water system) is
somewhat of a joke in my neighborhood.

John