767: You know you're Ayisien when.... (fwd)

From:Tetgren1@aol.com

I was forwarded a message about a year ago from a friend called "You know
you're Ayisien when". I deleted it, wrote to everyone on the list and hoped
that I would never see it again. A few weeks ago, I was sent a similar
forward. I can't lie. I laughed at 2 of the 40 lines sent, which are supposed
to be indicators of being Ayisien. Still, I didn't like it. We have to be
careful what information circulates about Haitian people. That is how
negative stereotypes start. We can't go crying INJUSTICE then. Some may seem
funny and harmless, but those can be the very ones that go too far. I know
some will be curious about it and if you haven't seen it yet, trust me, you
are not missing much. I just don't want to be responsible for disseminating
such trash. As it looks, it's just a matter of time before it gets around. I
just hope, you all will heed my warning.
Peace and Guidance,
Tetgren