#854: Curious and interesting Haitian cookbook

>From Bob Corbett:  In the past I have often mentioned new and odd additions
to my library.  Lately I have gotten so many books so fast that I don't even
have time to record them into my library program and have 20-30 titles
waiting to be entered in and placed on the shelves.

But I just have to share with you on of the cutest little items to come
along in a while.  It is a small, slim little cookbook called:

	HAITIAN RECIPIES.  They were chosen by Robel Paris and illustrated
		by him.  the book was printed in Port-au-Prince in 1955
		and has in it a little card "good for one rhum drink"
		at THE STORE CLUB (completely air conditioned) which
		was just two blocks from the pier.

Needless to say the book is out of print and if not downright rare is
cetain extremely scarce.  I've been hunting Haiti books with a passion
and compulsion for the past 17 years and have seen thousands of lists and
dozens of bibliographies.  This is the first time I've ever seen this item
offered.  I purchased it about 7 seconds after I saw the title offered!

In my library of nearly 1400 English language books on Haiti this ranks
as one of the five "cutest" books I have!

Now, the recipies?  I don't know about that.  No soup jamou, but otherwise
it has nothing fancy, just the standard everyday foods which people eat.
I kind of like that.

Bob Corbett