#861: Dreyfuss replies to Pina on Port-au-Prince

From: Joel Dreyfuss <jdreyfuss@ibm.net>

I understand the automatic outrage of  Mr. Pina about the description of
Haiti, but I don't think anyone can argue about the decrepit nature of
P-au-P; in fact, that description was kind. I can tell him that I've been in
some parts of Eastern Europe and neither Berlin nor Budapest look as bad as
Haiti's capital when I was there in Sept.: trash everywhere; unpainted
houses, shanty towns spreading over the denuded hills, filthy outdoor
markets, open sewers downtown, deep potholes in the airport road. What would
you call it?