#1026: ...but IS Haiti your country? (PINA responds to TONTONTOU) (fwd)

From: kevin pina <cariborganics@hotmail.com>

Despite the rhetorical quality of your message, I applaud the spirit
contained therein. We do all need to be concerned and, when possible, to
speak with one loud and conscious voice against destructive US policies in
Haiti.

As an American, it is not a question of whether I have the right to
critisize US policy in Haiti, I have a responsibility to do so. If the US
calls itself a democracy then that necessarily implies the need for an
informed constituency. I will always seek to educate the American public of
the ways in which their tax dollars are spent to pursue interventionist US
foreign policy goals in their name in Haiti. An informed constituency is the
best guarantee of a foreign policy that represents the best interests of the
American people, not the interests of spoilers like Jesse Helms and the CIA.

Kevin Pina