#1050: (No subject specified) Answer to David Young (fwd)

From:Moibibi@aol.com

Thank you for the courage you have shown, David.
It appears that some people have turned intelligence into irrationalities and
abnormal behaviors. It has become fashionable to choose to set lies and
untruths as the standards for success and acceptance in society as a whole.
In fact the forces of  irrationality have such a firm groundings that
malevolence has become good. Nowadays, the art of deceit is promoted as a
good doctrine when dishonesty is attached to success and money. Surely we
cannot deny that many among us truly believe that lying and reckless
unprincipled behavior is good. Few are those who don't believe that immoral
behavior is good if it brings self satisfaction, money or an enviable
position.
I am certain that Hougan Max Beauvoir was never met by his antagonists, even
by our generous host Mr. Bob Corbett wrote the following:
"Max Beauvoir, his key connection in Haiti for making all these contacts,
does not at all seem a reliable contact to me. Beauvoir's representing
himself as an important Voodoo leader during the period of Duvalier's fall,
was evidence of his unreliability. To the best of my understanding Beauvoir
-- certainly a houngan -- was mainly occupied in running show voodoo in his
night spot for tourists, and not doing religious Voodoo for the people and
lwa".
(Comments about Wade Davis book: The Serpent and the Rainbow by Bob Corbett
Oct. 1987).

Ms. Grey, in her unswerving effort to devalorize Hougan Max Beauvoir and
Vodoun in general, takes great pleasure quoting Ms. Willens, great publicist
and apologist for Mr. Aristide, who would have erroneously written than
Hougan Max Beauvoir claimed to cure AIDS.

Hougan Max Beauvoir is respected by his peers. By having a public ceremony
every night until 1986, he, like his sister Mathilda in Paris, has paved the
road which leads all foreigners to all hounfò in Haiti to day, for a better
understanding of our religion and our culture. He has opened the doors to his
detractors and I would understand that to be a subject of debate even though
I have never heard any Hougan nor Mambo in Haiti disapprove of his actions.
Are Vodoungs allowed to judge us?

I do not deny the right of Ms. Grey of taking her followers to be initiated
in Haiti, since she obviously cannot do it herself. If she wants to believe
that it is through initiation that our respected clergy makes a living, I
just wish her good luck. Incomprehension, greed and may be the forces of our
time may have obviously been her motivating forces but I don't believe that
setting  lies and untruths could ever be a standard for success.

Bebe Pierre Louis