#1217: Plain language : Nekita comments

From:Nlbo@aol.com

Corbett Friends,

I am glad Bob made the point on"plain language". Though I had some linguistic
classes, I felt like I was being taken to another graduate course by some of
the linguists and college professors.
I would like to  refer the adhoc list that Bob is talking about   the web
site WWW.plainlanguage.com
I found out about this site in a Boston Globe Nov . 18, l998 article
referring to politicians' needs to use "plain language" when addressing the
average person.
I hope those linguists and those professors are aware that there are many
"average" people in this discussion line.

Nekita