#1318: Scooby-doo (fwd)

From: Amy Wilentz <amywile@panix.com>

Happened to be half listening to an episode of this children's cartoon
while my sons were watching, and heard the word Haiti.Soon the kids were
shouting "Haiti, Mom, Haiti!!!", knowing my connection. Turned out the
whole thing hinged on a Haitian snake demon that was pursuing the heroes
(the heroes: a cowardly dog and his friends) beyond the island's
borders. Hardly a person of African descent was to be seen, though my
son tells me that one friend of the police was black.

Scooby-doo is a product of the Hanna-Barbera company, if anyone is
interested in pursuing this.

Amy Wilentz