#1536: switching to Kreyol? Morse comments

From: oloffsonram <oloffsonram@globelsud.net>

if you're stumbling too much in creole, its normal for a multi-linguist
to try another language with you, communication being the key, not
official language status...the other day i met the parents of one of my
children's friends and they kept insisting on french, which is my most
difficult language...their english wasn't up to par (neither was their
french!) but they refused to speak creole(which would have been the
easiest communication vehicle)...i did my best for as long as i could
throwing in phrases in english or creole to get my point across...i
felt like i was going through some sort of social ritual, i probably
failed the test....

richard morse