#2429: film minister .Delatour replies

From: Mario L. Delatour <mardel@gol.com>

Dear David,
You are absolutely correct in saying that "Serpent and the Rainbow" the
movie was a far cry from the excellent book that Wade Davis wrote.The movie
despite it's 14 million budget was yet another cheap Holywood version of
"Vodou".This of course was done to reap all the commercial benefits from
the genre that Holywood had long ago established.What you should know
though, was that the author himself collaborated with the filmmaker Wes
Craven to commercialize his work.If anyone knew about Wes Craven's track
record as a filmmaker, it was Wade Davis.In the initial stages of pre
production, I personally accompanied Wade Davis,Wes Craven and producer
David Ladd on the tomb of famous zombi victim Narciss Darcius on the
outskirts of Gonaives.Davis was handsomely paid for the rights of his book
and was also present during the initial stages of filming in Haiti.Whether
or not he was pleased with the final results is another matter.
I now regretfully accept your resignation as my film minister.

Mario L. Delatour
PRESIDENT A VIE A VIE A VIE A VIE ........................