#2465: A reply to Bell Re: #2434 (fwd)

From:Moibibi@aol.com

I agree somewhat with Madison Bell who shows an open mind and whose remarks
are quite pertinent.
Yet we should keep in mind that most of the Lwas have come from Africa with
our slave's forefathers.

The Spaniard colonization disappeared almost as quickly as the unfortunate
Tainos-Arawak, and the French colonists lasted just a little more than one
century.

Our African Ancestors left us a tradition which dates back several
millenniums and which bears a distinctive quality, the one of being true and
verifiable all over the African continent.

 I would just like to precise that Sen Jak Majè comes from Africa. Since
quite a few of the so-called Moors were of African origins, I doubt that the
image could have been chosen for its real representation. For those who
haven't had the time to read African history or to learn the Vodoun oral
tradition, let me offer you just one interpretation. Sen Jak Majè (often
called Sen Jako), just by his name, represents the legendary Dyã õgo dynasty
who founded the Gana kingdom at the beginning of the 9th century as well as
their alliance with the noble warrior Tuareg tribe called the Imajeuren.

As for Gran Brijit, why should not we look at the proud yet defeated Birjid
Nation whose ancestry can be found in the Koush, Napata and later Meroe
dynasties who left their names to the Kagiddi, KAJA and KAJA BIRGID who now
reside in Chad?

Koush and even Egypt are very present in our oral tradition. Anyone can have
a lot of imagination and project our tradition to his or her own ancestry,
but then it is not Vodoun. Vodoun may be very undogmatic, but it is an
ancestral tradition and anyone who depart from it, from the reality, is
taking the wrong road,may and may as well start his or her own sect.

Should we accept to be robbed of our own truth in this new millennium?
Wisdom comes from knowledge and as we all know, knowledge takes many many
years to acquire.

Bebe Pierre Louis