#2791: Painting by Rose-Marie Desruisseaux

David x Young <Frelgo@interport.net>

Rosemarie Desrusseau was my lover in 1961-62 when I lived at the Flamingo
Restaurant run by the great Mme. Georgette Jean-Charles. There is a
photograph of her on my website

	http://www. bluuchip.com

 we often painted together and also helped begin Galerie Des Brochettes
in Carrefour in those years. At that time reproductions of works of art
were very rare in Haiti-- no Picassos, Pollocks, Impressionists were to
be found anywhere.

Rose was one of the painters who broke through the 'primitives' archtype
so promoted by Dewitt Peters.

David X Young