#2957: re: Mr. Chirac's comments on Haiti (fwd)

From:Woelson@aol.com

I personally think that Mr. Chirac's comments on Haiti  should be taken
seriously.
Haiti has inherited too much from the French to be just dismissed has not
being a colony "à proprement parler".

 Besides, slavery played a major part in Haiti as a colony, and in my
opinion, it is an insult to the memory of the slaves who have suffered in the
hands of the masters, and these who have lost their lives during the
independence war. It also undermines the importance of the roles played by
Toussaint Louverture and Jean-Jacques Dessalines in the history of  the
country.