#3481: Reciprical: a comment

From:LAKAT47@aol.com

In a message dated 05/05/2000 2:29:01 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Richard Morse
<oloffsonram@globelsud.net> writes:

<<  We used to criticize the defactos for violence, the embargo, no free
 speech, no electricity, and yet, where's the progress. I don't mean
 personal progress, because there are some whose bank accounts are
 skyrocketing (don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with making a
 little money). But we should have progress for the society. >>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
It's because the defactos still run the country.  The power hasn't changed
because the occupants of the palace have changed.  What has changed is that
the power is not getting cooperation from the palace like they were used to,
so there is a "not so civil" civil war going on in Haiti.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
R.Morse:
I can't quite figure out, who's defending the Haitian people.>>
Aristide is trying to do that but he has to keep dodging bullets.  Kind of
hard to keep one's focus when one is trying to live another day.  You are
being punished for being among those who voted for Aristide and Preval and
hopefully you will get the message that it will be unhealthy for you and your
business to vote for Aristide again...and the US supports that.

Take care,

Kathy Dorcé