#3496: Dorce replies to Gill

From:LAKAT47@aol.com

In a message dated 05/06/2000 9:41:49 AM Pacific Daylight Time, Dr. Gill
writes:

<< it is good to know that Aristide does not need the capitalist
 countries.....i do think someone should let him in on this... >>
While not privy to Aristide's thoughts, I have gathered from things he's said
that if he thought it was at all possible, he would be happy if the US, et al
would stop paying for favors, I mean, foreign aid.  And let Haiti find it's
own way, as the ex-ambassador William B. Jones said in the article posted
#3477 (Let Haitians Escape Chaos at Their Own Halting Pace).  The US has not
stopped meddling since the beginning of the 1900s.  It's time we started.  I
believe Aristide would like Haiti to stand on her own, without being propped
up by any country, Capitalist or not.

Kathy Dorcé