#3576: Chabon and Cachon : Lyall comments

From: J. David Lyall <david@lyalls.net>

>From: Karen Davis <kdavis@marygrove.edu>
>
>	It was my understanding that the cutting of trees for charcoal to
>sell for money skyrocketed after the killing of the creole pigs.
>	Karen

On the face of it, it is difficult to see how the disappearance or
scarcity
of couchon could increase the demand for cooking fuel. One can eat
pig raw a little easier than pitimi but still....

One thing I was told, however, is that trade boats being built in the
north ( from the few remaining mahogany of sufficient size ) are
used to export chabon to the Bahamas and the Turks. They certainly
do not have trees for charcoal. This trade must be confined to the
coastal areas of the nord though.