#3667: Dorce continues discussion with Auguste on Aristide

From:LAKAT47@aol.com

J.R. Auguste, #3658:
<<I find hard to believe that Mr. Aristide is defending me as a Haitian.
Consider the following situation which by the way is not a hypothetical one.
Mr. Aristide loves saying that "mwen kraze lame d'Haiti" (I have destroyed
the FAD'H) and yet he has not even taken one hand gun from the members of the
Haitian army. By dismissing the members of said army without disarming them
he simply left them to fend for themselves. >>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
When Aristide returned in the company of the US military, he was not on his
own, running a sovereign country....he was a captive of sorts.  Having made
restrictive concessions to be allowed back in his OWN country to serve his
LEGAL term of office.  He had no choice but to make these concessions because
it was that or never serve in Haiti.  It was a US Military strategy not to
disarm the army.  In fact they did not want the Haitian army disbanded at
all.  They had trained them themselves after all!  There is hope in many
circles that the army will be  organized and reactivated.  Don't you think
Aristide wanted the army and paramilitary disarmed and held responsible for
crimes against the people?  His hands were tied.....if you hate him for being
bowed by the US then do it but you do so by making assumptions and blaming
him for all of Haiti's woes.  So many share the blame.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
J. R. Auguste, #3659:

<< Dear Kathy Dorce:

 That is the problem with Aristide. He is writing books and forget Haiti's
 economic and social reality. What he advocates is "learning on the job" and
 even "experimenting on the job."  He should first find the third way then
 apply it, bottle it for the benefit of future Haitian leaders and when he
 retires write about it. Not the other way around.
 He is going to need more than graisse cochon to be the savior of Haiti.    >>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Dear J.R. Auguste,

While I appreciate the exposure of you using my name in your posts, since I
know you personally, I am wondering why you don't engage me by direct e-mail.
 Or why you don't address your remarks to everyone.  I am not the only
supporter of Aristide on the list.  I have explained my position several
times to you about him.   We do not agree, you bring up nothing new and if I
answered, it also would be a rehash of old arguments (discussions).  You
think my eyes are closed and I think yours are.  Shall we agree to disagree?
Time will prove who is closer to being right.  For all of our sakes, I hope I
am.

Kathy~