#3678: Haiti Labeled As Drug State : Nelsen comments

From:Revrwn@aol.com

What a convienent scapegoat for the U.S. government and another label for
Haiti: Drug transhipment state.  The logic that huge mansions and new gas
stations come exclusivley from drug money clouds the fact that most foreign
aid is pocketed by the corrupt Haitians that could care less about the "sad
slums" they reside over.  Much of this money is used to start lucritive
businesses in Haiti and the U.S.  During the embargo, back then I lived in
Haiti when mansions and gas stations were being built and Haiti wasn't being
labeled a major drug state.   I don't blame the greedy Haitians who steal aid
money necessarily but rather the people who give this money in the name of
humanitarian aid and require no accountability when none of it, or very
little of it, gets into the hands of the people who need it most.  The sad
fact remains that Haiti is what it is today because of failed U.S. policy to
give aid responsibly.

Rev. Bob Nelson