#3796: On linguists absence of creativity: Poincy replies to Valdman

From: Jean Poincy <caineve@idt.net>

Valdam's precision is well taken. It makes good sense; I accept it with
no quarrel. If I seem to confuse linguists with illustrators of creole,
it is due to the fact that the writers whose articles make great abuse
of French words claim themselves linguists. Who am I to determine who is
and who is not a linguist? I am simply a layman observer outside your
field who is well aware of what's going on in the language evolution and
raises pertinent questions.

However, in making my point regarding words creations, I did lump
linguists and writers together, as linguists or writers, to show the
ignorance of a drawn line between the two. Would I dare drawing the line
myself? In what capacity? The best I could do is to point out the
confusion that pervades the linguists circle itself, as false prophets
are undistinguishable from the real ones.

Again thanks to Valdam for the precision, now I know that as an
authority in the field, he knows of such distortions and draws the line.
By the way I need to revolt and ask Valdam to be the replacement teacher
for linguistic 101 :-) While I am at it, I wish that Valdam clarifies
matters for me regarding "é", "è" & "e" as I posed it earlier to
DeGraff.

Ayiti has lived, lives and will live
Mozeb