#3891: Haiti activists denounce crackdown on opposition : Grey comments

From:Racine125@aol.com

::sigh::

Is this what I spent three years of misery for?  Is this what I looked down
the gun barrels of murderous FRAPH members and mutinous FAd'H members for?

Now, I have to say that the "opposition" would gladly arrest and lock up and
abuse the Lavalas candidates as well, if they could.  But one would think,
after the object lesson provided by the 1991 coup, that some people at least
would have learned a modicum of respect for human rights and due process.

I suppose the rationale is going to be that the Lavalas people feared that
the defeated candidates would not accept the results of the election, and
attempt to stage another coup.  Goodness knows there is every reason to
believe they would if they could!  But... how can they?  The country is
solidly behind Lavalas.  Aristide is going to be President, as I have been
saying all along.  Any attempt to stop this from happening will see
Port-au-Prince in ashes.

Peace and love,

"Se bon ki ra",
     Good is rare - Haitian Proverb

The VODOU Page - <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/racine125/index.html">http://
members.aol.com/racine125/index.html</A>