#3962: On Creole spelling and Corbett's confusion: Corbett finally gets it!!!

>From Bob Corbett:

Thanks to serveral who contributed, but it was Michel DeGraff who finally
got me unconfused.  It took a few readings for this non-linguist, but the
distinction between phonetics and phonemics finally got through to me.

I can envision a seen out of My Fair Lady with Professor Higgins-DeGraff
dancing and singing, he's got it, by gosh he's got it, and Eliza
Doolittle-Corbett delighted that not only does the rain in Spain stay
mainly on the plain, but modern Haitian Creole really seems to work.

Thanks,

Bob Corbett