#3968: About the elections, arrest ...Jerome comments to Blanchet

From:Jepiem@aol.com

Mr Blanchet do you find it acceptable that Mr Claude Raymond was not free to
move at will and seek treament for whatever medical condition he had instead
of having to accept whatever treatment the government was willing to provide
him and furthermore having his medical diagnosis or presumed diagnosis made
public without his consent. Don't read any particular leaning into my
question. Since there has been a lot of advocates of "democracy" (at all
costs) on this list, I am just asking it for the sake of the argument. Mr
Raymond so far as I know had never been tried after his arrest. So how in the
name of Democracy as promoted by the american patrons and of course supported
by Mr Aristide who was brought back to Haiti in the name of Democracy did Mr
Raymond end up dying under these conditions. Is that logical? I am looking
for some consistency here. And what is the meaning of those post election
arrests in our "democratic" system? We Haitians have "embraced Democracy" is
the general cry in Haiti and abroad. So how do we conciliate all that? I have
a very simple question to end with. Do you at the bottom of your heart
believe that Haitians today are ready to embrace that "american brand
democracy"? If you believe the affirmative, please answer the above
questions. If not, what about talking openly about the alternatives instead?

      Math Jerome.