#4043: Haitian names : White adds

From: kwhite2 <kwhite2@drew.edu>

I would assume that some of these names come from the Polish conscripts in
Napoleon's army who joined the revolutionaries.  There are many
similarities between Polish and German names.  And it seems to me that the
Creole verb "konnen" (to know) is way too close to the German "konnnen" (to
be able to) and "kennen" (to be familiar with).

These are educated guesses on my part, and I would welcome any corrections
by those who are older, wiser, and know more facts than I do.

Krista White