#4746: Update: Mason, Allen & MIT2 (fwd)

From:MariLinc@aol.com

Friends and Colleages,

This is quite an important day:

1) This is our new CEO Jeff Allen's last day at ELRA/ELDA in Paris!  After a
much-deserved vacation of several weeks' duration, he will formally take up
his dual responsibilities as Senior Project Director at Softissimo (Paris,
France) and as CEO of MIT2.

2) Jeff has not been waiting till the Fall, however, to devote a tremendous
amount of time to the task of working with me to bring together our shared
vision for MIT2 in the form of a revised business plan, the "Lite Version" of
which will become available this week.  By Fall, the full-blown "Pro Version"
will be finalized.

And, this "in between time" is critical in the life of MIT2.

Operating capital is practically non-existent; yet MIT2 must continue to take
big steps into the future.  MIT2 is no longer an infant but rather like a
growing teenager with a bottom-less pit for a stomach and feet that outgrow
their sneakers overnight!

It is essential to maintain MIT2's growing high profile presence in the
language technologies field in order to attract the kind of major capital
investment it requires to become a "full blown operation".

For that, we need more transitional operating capital than ever before.

I would therefore urge everyone of you -- who would like to see Creole
languages, as well as indigenous and vernacular languages, commercially
supported with the language technologies afforded the "major languages" [not
my term] -- to support MIT2 in this growth stage.

Decades of development work have gone into this initiative.  If this
initiative does not succeed, it would take many more years for a similar
initiative to get off the ground.  Valuable time will be lost and these
language groups will continue to be ignored by the "big language technologies
players" [again, not my term].

Please contact me if you are interested in supporting MIT2 through its
program for small investors.

Become part of this initiative and help make it happen.

Marilyn

*******
Marilyn Mason, President
Mason Integrated Technologies Ltd (MIT2)
P.O. Box 181015
Boston, MA  02118  USA
(617) 247-8885 (office & answering machine)
(617) 262-8923 (FAX)
MariLinc@aol.com (e-mail)
Mason Integrated Technologies Ltd Home Page:
   http://hometown.aol.com/mit2usa/Index2.html
Introducing CreoleScan and CreoleConvert:
   http://hometown.aol.com/mit2usa/IntroCrScCrConv.htm
Meet the Creator of CreoleScan and CreoleConvert:
   http://members.aol.com/marilinc/Index3.html
Jeff Allen Appointed MIT2's New CEO:
   http://hometown.aol.com/mit2usa/JA-MIT2CEO.htm
Strategic Partnership with CreoleTrans:
   http://hometown.aol.com/mit2usa/HTart.htm
Strategic Partnership with Educational CyberPlayground:
   http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Linguistics/announcemit2.html
Strategic Partnership with Haiti Online:
   http://hometown.aol.com/mit2usa/HOL-MIT2.htm
Strategic Partnership with TAAI:
   http://hometown.aol.com/mit2usa/TAAI-MIT2.htm