#4923:Re: #4920: Judson replies to Driver

From: Drjudson@aol.com

Tom Driver's notes are very appropriate for current times.  there is hope in
Haiti and it rests entirely upon the establishment of a stable government.
the recent elections were a good start and fortunately, there were observers
from different groups.  Many of these, such as the one from Quixote / Global
Exchange saw and reported the good side of the May elections.  The
presidential elections will occur on November 26.  Hopefully, many of us who
see the possibilities that can emerge from these elections, will be able to
go to Haiti to observe, support, and report the election process.  Does
Witness For Peace have any plans to send a delegation of election observers.
I am hoping that Quixote/Global Exchange will be doing so.  All of the
Voluntary groups planning to serve as observers should now begin to
coordinate their efforts and work together during the time of elections.  Can
we begin a list of such groups?  Can I be of any assistance?

John Judson
drjudson@aol.com