#5057: Re: #5041: Reports about Aristide's wife: Chamberlain asks (fwd)

From: Bob Brice <bobbrice@hotmail.com>

I have no evidence of such. However, several people (from different
background, means and political affinities) living and doing business in
Haiti have told me, when conversing about the state of the HT telecom
systems, that Aristide's wife had the handle on things. Some who really have
no need to insinuate or create such lies clearly stated to me that she's the
main facilitator/(the only?) point of contact for such deal(s) or services
(provided by some US telcos?). Others think that she has a stake in the
business thus her "zeal"

However, one can always wonder about what she's getting out of it, what the
degree of her involvement is, if it's turns out to be true.