#5110: Haitian Christmas Holiday Celebration (fwd)

From: Carline Murphy <carline101@hotmail.com>

I was asked to prepare an article on Haitian Christmas Holiday Celebration
for my church's headquarter newsletter.  I did not want to present an
article that was based solely on my childhood experiences when there are
other people who might contribute a more mature point of view on the
subject.

Can you,please, circulate this request to your list, Bob, in case anyone
else would like to share with me their own experience for that article?  I
would also like  to balance the article with experiences that reflect the
country's tradition  in the sense of preparation for the holiday in addition
  to charitable giving of toys, and  so on.

For instance, I remember as a child during that time of year my parents will
take me  to the fabric store to purchase materials for my new dress. Another
trip to the shoemaker for a new  pair of shoes.  The next trip was to the
dressmaker to be fitted for the new dress. At times I have to bring an old
dress to be used as a pattern for the new dress.

The loud sound of holiday music was everywhere in addition to the sound of
Voodoo drums coming from local voodoo temples in preparation for their own
ceremonies.  Can this little bit  of info triggers someone else's memory of
this occasion? If so, please share it with me. It will be very much
appreciated.

It doesn't matter if the responses are send to the list or directly to me at
Carline101@hotmail.com, unless Bob suggests otherwise.

Thanks to you all
Carline