#5194: Hudicourt continues discussion

From: JHUDICOURTB@aol.com

In a message dated 9/26/00 4:51:39 PM,
Dorce writes:

<<  But I WAS trying
to instill a little self reflection in you and others to see your possible
part in this tragedy.  It is easy to look down on the rabble and say how
uncivilized they are, how unfit to decide their own future.  But why are they
that way? >>

I really don't want to continue going back and forth on this but I don't
think I ever used the kind of language, thoughts, or intention this person
attributes to me.  My reflections were my own reflections on how I felt about
being in Haiti in September 2000.  I never blamed the people of Haiti for the
current situation.  I blamed those who are running the country who are
supposed to be educated, knowledgeable, and revolutionary.  I believe that
many "educated" Haitians are not as wise as they think they are and that
everyone, including the president, should stop the national attitude of "Se
pa fòt mwen".  I believe that Haitian people are ingenious for the most part
and are craving for law, order, learning, respect, and opportunity.  I also
believe that violence is not part of the social character of our people.  I
keep reminding others that the American cities in the 80's under the
Republican administrations were unliveable mostly because the economy was bad
and the government was mean.  Teenagers and young adults were horrible and
were killing each other. With the 3 strikes laws, the opening of job
opportunities, and a democratic administration, crime in the cities has
almost disappeared.  Hell can be transformed by good government.  I will not
excuse anyone for the current disaster, and I continue to think that this
country (Haiti) can become liveable for all its citizens.