5872: RE: 5849: State Dept. warning text (fwd)

From: Rosann Clements <rosann@onemain.com>

Any comments on this new information about travel to Haiti...or perhaps
about the Americans who live in Haiti and call it home. Should they all
leave because of the Anti American and foreigner problems we are hearing
about. The US Government officials have evacuated their families. The State
Dept. has left it up to the individual to decide if they feel safe or not.
Do any of you have information...on the safety of Americans...or perhaps
know what is going on there that put Americans in danger.
My son has been there 15 months and I would hate for him to have to leave
unless the situation is very dire indeed. He has learned so much and is
learning many of life's lessons that would have been impossible for him to
learn here at home.
Some advice or information would be great!
Rosann :)