5905: Re: 5994 and 5993: Chamberlain & Simidor respond to Pina; support for Pina (fwd)

From: VYeghoyan@aol.com

<< Greg Chamberlain <GregChamberlain@compuserve.com>

 Hot on the heels of Kathy Dorcé, Kevin Pina has provided us with another
 excellent example of unproven allegations and innuendo.

Writing from Leogane, Haiti I can't prove or disprove any of the allegations
and innuendoes, but I must say that because I am hearing the same things from
people I live, work, and play tennis with (NOT at a country club, for the
record) I am much more inclined to agree with the positions taken by Kevin
Pina, Kathy Dorce, Archim and many others who are actually in Haiti working
with the people of Haiti.

 Am I going to provide names of my Haitian friends and colleagues who hold
the same positions regarding Manus, regarding "the opposition", regarding
Nadal, regarding Aristide?

Absolutely not.

I know their full names, but I also know their children, their parents, and
their friends who could be endangered if I cite my sources. I'm sorry these
people can't provide me with documentation and proof, but I'm MORE sorry for
the conditions under which the people of Haiti are living and the way
innocent people are dying.

And I agree with Achim: that all this flurry of activity in the name of
democracy and elections is really more about economics:

"Big business is directly responsible for the deep abyss into which Haiti has
fallen, not Lavalas. Had all those big businesses paid their taxes, paid
living wages to their employees, and shown some compassion for the majority
of the Haitian people (instead of building magnificent mansions in the
hills), maybe Aristide could have started his work at the second stage of
reform..."

At the risk of being redundant, I must say again that those who are actually
living and working with the poor in Haiti--listening to their voices--are the
ones I can understand and agree with.