6279: Re: 6270: Lavalas accusations: Dorce to Chamberlain (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com

In a message dated 12/18/2000 2:06:27 PM Pacific Standard Time, Greg
Chamberlain <GregChamberlain@compuserve.com> writes:
Dorce said:
<< >  Whatever Lavalas is accused of, please look in
 > the opposite direction to see who is in reality
 > doing the dirty deeds.>>

 Chamberlain comments:
 Is this seriously proposed as the basis of
 future reflection on the situation in Haiti?

 Wherever the fault in a situation lies, it seems
 to me that such uncritical adulation serves
 nothing and no-one, least of all Haiti and its
 people. >>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Greg....it is always uncritical adulation when I say something but critical
journalism when you say the opposite.  We see things differently, that is
obvious. I have history on my side.  I remember the coup of '91, as I'm sure
you do.  The opposition has a history of righting the electoral wrongs of the
populace.  When they don't win legally, they run a smear campaign and plot to
overthrow the government.  Do you honestly not see this?  Or do the ends
justify the means for you?  If you buy the propaganda about Aristide, which
amounts to blanket demonization,  then you might think that removing him at
all costs would be a good thing.  I can understand that, but it does seem a
bit naive and short sighted.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Chamberlain:
But, as we can observe, some foreigners come
to places like Haiti filled with complexes and
needs and wishing only to believe -- in anything.
There are a few of them on this list, lovable
and eccentric though some might be.
Because of their better wealth, health and
education, they have what one might call
disproportionate influence.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Gee, to whom might you be referring?  If you hadn't said lovable I might have
thought you were talking about Lynn Garrison or any one of a number of those
loyal to the opposition (ANY opposition as long as it's anti-Aristide).  We
have had this discussion, or rather, belittling session before.  I do not see
support of Aristide the way you do.  I really support the people, democracy
and improvment of the quality of life for Haitians.  Aristide is the vehicle.
 Show me another with the same goals and objectives and I will support them
too.  If the opposition would address the needs of the many instead of the
needs of the few, then they might have a chance at being elected.  They have
no one to blame but themselves.  Themselves AND their uncritical
adorers...;).  (some of us call them enablers...;)

Chamberlain:
Surely _this_ is the famous "laboratory" that Aristide likes to talk about?
So the CIA does not exist?  The CIA has no covert operations in Haiti?  This
sounds like the "There is no such thing as the Mafia" disclaimer......that's
a good tactic, make fun of the truth, then it makes people feel that to
believe the truth is to be a fool.  Time will tell who are the fools, don't
you think?

Kathy Dorce~