6672: Name of the capital (fwd)

From: mihoko tsunetomi <miho0087@tctv.ne.jp>

Please help me with the correct pronunciation
of Port-au-Prince..  One of my readers is a
prominent professor of French Literature.  He
insists that it should be pronouced as
pol-o-prans as there should be no liaison in
between Port and au, and therefore, should be
written in Japanese close to it.

  I have never heard of this pronunciation from
any Haitians or related persons., nor do I think
it shold be faithful to French.  Is this way
practiced in so-called upper class where French
is spoken?    Thank you in advance for your
help.
                               Mihoko

Mihoko Tsunetomi
miho0087@tctv.ne.jp