6821: Re: 6813: Re: 6800: Re: 6782: Re: 6776: adoption : 4 responses (fwd)

From: C&C Henrius <carolineislands@hotmail.com>

>Thus far I've refrained from joining the discussion about consular visas,
>visa issuance and refusal, etc., though I've found it quite amusing to
>read.
>In keeping with that policy I will not respond the remainder of post #6800.
>
>Maxetluc

I'm glad you find it amusing.  Especially when so many people's lives hang
in the balance.  And by this, are we to assume you have information you are
also refraining from sharing with us?  Perhaps it is in keeping with the
general attitude of consular employees to sit and be amused by the troubles
of people who are struggling to make sense of a system that is in complete
control of their happiness; rather than to make a small effort to enlighten
them by offering a small tidbit of information they can use to either be
united with their family and loved ones, or at the very least understand the
process and have a little hope.

And I find it interesting that the answers to certain of my questions are so
very difficult to find.  Like, for instance, why is it so difficult to find
out how many actual dollars the US consulate takes in non-refundable
processing fees in Port-au-Prince each year?  Is that another amusement, or
is the figure so telling that those involved don't want us to know?  Or is
it only that I haven't figured out where to look yet?  In which case, are
the people who know refraining from offering up that information?

But the crux of the matter is far more important than attitudes or time or
processing fees or paper work... any of that red tape.  For some of us, the
crux is whether or not a child will survive the enterim.  And believe me,
that is not a laughing matter.

C. Henrius