6972: Land Reform Issues (fwd)

From: jim sullivan <sullivanresearch@hotmail.com>

I'm wondering if anyone would like to comment as to the success or failure
of Haiti's land reform program since 1995. I know it has been one of the
most contentious issues facing Haiti since 1804, endlessly complicated by
disputes, corruption, greed and soil erosion, but has any  real progress
been made in the last half dozen  years in the distribution of land? My
guess is that there was some success at first, but everything is either on
hold or derailed altogether.

                                            Thanks,

                                                 Jim Sullivan, Miami