7011: Re: 6903: Necklacing and Aristide (Re: 6880) (fwd)

From: archim <archim@globelsud.net>

     RE: 6903

       Yes, Andrea, that was a positively false accusation! I was present at
    that famous speech when Aristide returned from the USA. The speech was taped
    and cut and spliced to make it appear that Aristide condoned...even
    encouraged necklacing; such *was not* the case. Aristide said that he
    understood peoples' desire to necklace, but he emphasized that it was
    positively immoral. He said words to this effect: "I understand your desire
    to smell their burning flesh; but that is not the way of Jesus. We will win
    without violence; we will overcome". The anti-Aristide people spliced the
    tape to make it come out this way: I desire to smell their burning flesh. We
    will win with violence; we will overcome!
       See how easy it was; just remove "understand" and "your"; eliminate the
    part about it not being the way of Jesus, and change the word "without" to
    "with". It was easy for them. They could do the same with any of your
    recorded words.
       Don't forget that the same anti-Aristide people spread the word that he
    was a patient in a mental hospital in Canada...even giving the name; but
    there was no such hospital in Canada. Likewise, they gave the name of his
    supposed psychiatrist, but no such psychiatrist existed! That was proven!
       Take a suggestion from maxetluc: "Don't believe everything you read!"