7042: Re: #7027: Re: 7014: Re: 6999: Govt Plan: on Vodou (fwd)

From: Moibibi@aol.com

To LaKat,

Your desire to see Vodouists in Haiti remain "free while staying outside of
the mainstream" is the story of the country. Probably, it is also the basic
cause of our interminable underdevelopment.

The time calls for all Haitians to participate actively in the affairs of
their country if we want to speak of democracy. The world has long understood
that there should not be taxation without representation. To have
representation, any segment of any society must have recognition. Whatever is
done without them is always done against them.

The Catholic clergy receives monthly paycheck from the Haitian Government.
The Protestants receive theirs from their own country and are very often
helped by USIS (for instance check the Adventist Mission and MEBSH).
Furthermore Protestants enjoy special customs exemptions. It is normal, both
Catholics and Protestants are represented in the government, they don't even
have to fight for their rights.

Vodouists do not get help from anyone, they only receive the blames, they are
never recognized for the work they do. They never had any say in any
government.

I am sure, dear Lakat, that it is not what you wish for any Haitian.

Bébé PL