7171: Tafia's meaning and other Haitian drinks (fwd)

From: Nlbo@aol.com

is an alcoholic is called a tafiatè.
While on the subject of rum, it seems that Corbetteers don't know or have
forgotten about other native drinks that can be very tasty also. Likè and
kremas are the traditional haitian home made alcoholic beverages.
 I am also thinking of those in the category of "tranpe". They are usually
some fruit or herbs or cinnamon sticks  "soaked" or mixed in some sort of
clairin. Some of the names are M, selebride, asorosi, kraze kabann, grenadia.
 There are the fancy ones like the "Tacha" brand that one finds in the
supermarkets. I found  the ones in the market places or the home made ones
even better.
I don't know if I have to apologize for changing the subject regarding
Haitian politics. As we say in Creole,'pawòl politisyen se pawol tafya, se
pawòl van." With this in mind, I think it is Okay to literarily speak about '
Tafia".
Nekita