7336: Re: 7327: Bebe answers Frantz (fwd)

From: Moibibi@aol.com

Frantz, you are free to believe whatever you like.

I happen to have visited the protected site near Cap Haitian that has been
declared to be "Bwa Kayiman". I didn't see any alligator there and I doubt
there was ever any such pre-historical beast in that area. But who knows? Two
hundred years ago, it might have been much more swampy. With the drastic
change in the ecology I have witnessed in my lifetime, who knows?

I have also spoken to knowledgeable people of the area and according to them;
the ceremony would have taken place in more than one place. Some places being
devoted to Lwas that would not accept pig offering.

I appreciate your advice: "In addition to reading one must also analyze what
one is reading..." but I mostly listened to our oral traditions, sorry!

Bebe