a1565: Naval Mission Survey Report (fwd)

From: Perdue and Persinos <vtandwi@erols.com>

Quotation from "The U. S. Naval Mission to Haiti 1959-1963" by Charles
T. Williamson (page 203):

"During their visit to the Naval Mission, the admiral and his staff
asked Heinl his opinion about possible sites in Haiti for a U.S. staging
base against Castro.  Heinl referred them to a Naval Mission survey
report that had been requested by commander, Caribbean Sea Frontier, and
which had been submitted in October 1961...."

During my interview of a former employee of the Dauphin Plantation he
mentioned that General Vernon Walters had visited the plantation near
Fort Liberte during a survey of possible harbors for the U.S. military
on the north coast of Haiti.  Fort Liberte Bay must have been under
consideration in this context.   I suspect that Walters may have been
the source of the report referred to in the quote.  Can anyone provide
any additional information about Walters (or others) in this context?

Thanks,

Bob Perdue