a1803: HCR Presentes on MAY 18: HAITIAN FLAG's DAY in ATLANTA (fwd)

From: Senou <senou@yahoo.com>

			On Saturday May 18, 2002

Haitian Community Relation:

A Salute to our Flag  and A tribute to our Historical
Union

Tentative draft
The Senegalese Djoloff Drummers and Dancers
Elhadji Gueye, NGoma Nadao, Brigo Gueye, Abdoulaye
Diop, Oleremi and Nicole
Solo piano will be performed by
The Daughters of Mr. Joel Joseph & Mrs. Danielle
Joseph
The Daughter of Ms. May Louis
The son of Mr. Leon Guillaume and Mrs. Nadine
Guillaume
A Special presentation with Mr. Ariol GrandChamps
Mrs. Line Aly  will recite one or two poems
I have three Students who will take part
A senior Ms. Kesha Miles who is heading to GSU this
Fall majoring in Journalism, she writes poetry, she
will read two poems one of them is 9/11.  A 11th
grader Ms. Sandrea Davis who will sing two songs and
Ms. Chan-Monopis Lim an Asiatic student will recite
the famous poem of Mr.René Dépestre: Pour Haiti
A troubadour will play some traditional songs
* Possible to have a short play.

During that evening, we will take this unique
opportunity to launch May 18, 2003 and Jan 1st 2004
celebration in metro Atlanta. and Also to remind US
citizen about the famous battle of Savannah in which
our ancestors had fought side by side with the
American in 1775, our role was crucial. The Americans
and we are friends; our ancestors had established that
friendship since 1775. We have to be thankful and
assist the descendent of those who have given their
life for the freedom of this wonderful country.

Dressing code: Professional Attire
 ?Avant l?heure n?est pas l?heure, après l?heure n?est
plus l?heure, l?heure c?est l?heure?

Saturday May 18, 2002
>From 7:00 PM to 9:30 PM
         At
Avondale High School
1192 Clarendon Avenue
Avondale Estates, Georgia 30002

Direction #1       From 75 North or South
Merge onto I-20 E/GA-402 E.
Take the CANDLER RD/GA-155 exit
Turn left drive 0.1 mile
Turn RIGHT onto MEMORIAL DR SE/GA-154  1.9 miles
Turn LEFT onto S COLUMBIA DR. 0.2 mile
Turn RIGHT onto CLARENDON AVE. 0.2 mile

NB: From I-20 E exit Candler RD Turn right on Candler
RD

Direction #2        From 285
Exit Memorial go East
In front of Avondale Mall
At the intersection of Memorial and Columbia
Turn RIGHT onto S COLUMBIA DR. 0.2 mile
Turn RIGHT onto CLARENDON AVE. 0.2 mile

NB: Are you coming alone or do you plan to bring your
family and friends? if yes, how many?
soon HCR will use yahoo groups as our main medium of
communication

For further info please send an email to:
HAITIAN_ATL@yahoo.com

Joseph Alfred, Educator
joe_alfred@yahoo.com