12216: Re: 12215: United States largess per Ambassador LinoGutierrez (fwd)

From: Matt Ray <mraymus@yahoo.com>
    (fwd)

 So, it seems to me that you're saying that we "owe" more money to Haiti
 or any other country?    I'm sorry, but I don't understand the logic.
 Why do we owe anybody anything unless we've borrowed from them?    Don't
 get me wrong.   I love Haiti and her people.   I go, on a volunteer basis
 every year to Haiti and bring lots of prosthetic and orthotic supplies
 and doctors with me to help those that can't even help themselves.  I
 have a big heart for giving, especially to Haitians.   I spend hours
 every week trying to find donations for Haiti, finding volunteers to go
 with me to Haiti, trying to do whatever I can so that I can go to Haiti
 and try to help.    But do I owe this to them?     I suppose I do, in
 many ways, because Haiti has given me, personally, many things, including
 a different perspective on life.    But to say that we owe Haiti or any
 other country a certain amount of money doesn't seem right to me.    We
 do it because we can.  We do it because we want to.   Am I naive in this
 thought process?

Matt

Matt Ray
Healing Hands for Haiti