Camp Moss History
Camp Moss was opened around 1926. An exact date cannot be determined.
However, a 1947 publication revealed that the Camp was owned by the
council for over twenty years. The five and a half acre camp on Lake
Road in the Town of Porter served the needs of the Niagara Falls Area
Council until 1942 when it became inadequate in area and facilites. The
Camp was situated a half mile from Lake Ontario and because of erosion
to the banks at the waterfront it made boating and swimming
unattractive and unsafe. Although the Camp was closed in 1942, it
remained the property of Niagara Falls Area Council (and later the
Niagara Frontier Council) until the late 1940s. Between the close of
Camp Moss in 1942 and the opening of Camp Stonehaven and Northern
Lights in 1946, scouts in the area used Camp Thunder Rock and other
nearby camps operated by the surrounding councils.
ADDRESS: Camp Moss
was located on Lake Road, Town of Porter, NY 14174.
Places To Visit!
WNY OA Patch
Chief and Advisor History
Scout Camp Memorabilia
Area/Section Conclave Memorabilia
Hulsizer's Patch Page
Site Page Last Updated 07/29/06