Genocide Exam III Study Guide
You should be able to:
- Describe the social, political, and economic conditions in Rwanda prior to the Rwandan genocide.
- Describe the immediate instigating conditions associated with the Rwandan genocide
- Discuss the role of the media during the Rwandan genocide.
- Discuss the events associated with the Rwandan gencocide including the dates, numbers dead, victims, method of genocide, etc.
- Describe the role of bystanders during the Rwandan genocide.
- Discuss the issues impacting refugees and displaced persons as a result of mass violence and genocide.
- Discuss the various stages of prevention and intervention as it relates to genocide.
- Discuss Staub's suggestions towards building a more peaceful society.
- Describe both the goals and functions of international tribunals and truth commissions as well as be able to describe the differences between the two.
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages associated with international courts and tribunals.
Back to Genocide Course Page