a1614: Re: HSA 14th Annual Conference- Call for Papers (fwd)

From: hsa <hsa@umb.edu>

HAITIAN STUDIES ASSOCIATION
CALL FOR PAPERS
Fourteenth Annual Conference

October 17-19, 2002
Université Quisqueya
Port-au-Prince, Haïti

Communicating: Images and Realities of Haiti

As we approach the bicentennial of Haiti's independence, we face a challenge
in communicating Haiti's present reality while also communicating Haiti's
unique contribution to world revolutionary history.  The purpose of the 14th
annual conference of the Haitian Studies Association is to foster discussion
and intellectual interchange; therefore,we go to Haiti in 2002 to examine
the problematic nature or representation and self-representation. This
conference is a way to help us prepare to celebrate 2004.  We invite
theoretical as well as empirical explorations, single discipline, as well as
cross-and inter-disciplinary studies

Proposal must be postmarked by June 30, 2002. Please mail, fax or e-mail to:
Haitian Studies Project
University of Massachusetts, Boston
100 Morrissey Boulevard
 McCormack Hall 2-211